Friday, July 16, 2010

What Can Social Media Do?

I have loved catching up with old friends on Facebook (maybe you!). I've also blogged for five years because I wanted to share social action ideas with others, another use for social media.

But I wanted to know what else I could do with it. Could it help me in my speaking or writing ministry? Through a Facebook post, I found out about a free seminar on social media for small business. The best thing at the seminar was not winning a free book (and if you know me, you know I love free books) but connecting to Ken Mueller (the speaker) and his Inkling Media. Inkling Media's blog provides great resources, but Fridays are special. "Others First" Friday shares a need, a way to put others first.

Here's a link to today's blog about a little girl named Reagan with tough medical problems that have left her parents with big bills. There are ways to help (want to donate an item for an auction?) and I would add that we can certainly pray.

Social media is all about community, Ken says. Here's a way we can be community for a family in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment